Having a credit card and maintaining a good credit score are definitely challenging jobs. There are some credit cards which are designed especially for the armed personnel. Having the national flag design and regular contribution to the Defence Welfare Association are some of the privileges these types of cards offers to the armed forces.
Highlights of these credit cards
• Joining fees and annual fees for first year usually will be nil.
• Similarly, joining and annual fees for an add-on member are free.
• Card holders do not have to pay charges for loss/re-issue/replacement of card as well for SMS transaction alerts
• If the card is misplaced or lost, the holder can withdraw cash by cheque – no fee for the service
• Charges for duplicate statement, charge slip retrieval and balance enquiry are nil.
• Dining Delight option – Minimum 15 % discount for dining at specific partnered restaurants.
• Complimentary access available to airport lounges
• Want to include a beloved family member – spouse, children, siblings, parents? – They just have to be above 18 years of age.
• Similar to all bank credit cards, even this card will be PIN protected and equipped with an EMV certified chip. Card holders can remain hassle free while making all kinds of transactions on mobile and other devices as there is less possibility of skimming/counterfeit fraud.
• Reward options may include a visit to a theme park, paragliding trip or going abroad a charter.
• Zero Lost Card Liability – Lost or misplaced the card? Afraid it fell on wrong hands? This liability protects the holder from the moment the loss of card is reported to the customer service. However, terms and conditions apply.
To be eligible for these cards, the card holder should be
• Defence Personnel
• The primary card holder should be between 18 and 70 years of age
• Add-on card holder should have attained the age of 18 years
These cards come with multiple reward points which can be gained by participating in community competitions. Accumulation of more than 1000 points leads to a voucher having value of $50. A card holder can get discounts in multiplexes by just showing proof of the discount voucher.
Or they can avail of free travel (as per the conditions and terms) in a theme park.
In all, these credit cards issued to the armed forces are a boon to their families as they can make bill payments online, book tickets for their favourite show or shop for essential items at multiplexes.
SathyaNarayana B has completed Post Graduation and is interested in writing articles on health, martial arts, finance, history, travel etc.